Experienced businessman with a wide range of knowledge & skills gained from over 20 years in the entertainment & events industry in multiple different roles.
A hard working, entrepreneurial, driven person. Smart, presentable, well spoken & professional. I’m used to working on my own or leading large teams & can be trusted to achieve the desired results.
Highly ambitious and driven to be successful. Not satisfied to just make “up the numbers”. I have a wide range key of skills to offer any potential employer & I’m looking to join a company where I can make a difference, make improvements & help lead the company to growth.
Key Skill Set
Entrepreneurial | Strategy Formation & Implementation | Identification of growth areas | Staff Management | Leadership | Marketing | Branding | Creative Influence & Design | Procurement | International Shipping /Logistics | Business Finance
Myers Briggs Test – ENFJ | Belbin Test – Shaper
Completed MBA Essentials course through London School of Economics with grade of 88.6%
Senior Sales Manager – Harman
May 2018 – till present
- Account management of the UK and Ireland Sales Channels for Martin Lighting
- Dealing with Distribution channels as well as end users
- Led pricing changes on a number of SKUs for better ROI for both business and end users
- Sales target of c$10m+
- Client and designer interaction to drive sales through the channel.
- Completed Quarters presently over target by at least 140%
- Working with development teams to assist in NPI development and feedback
- Created Marketing and press stories to help deliver sales in channel.
Key Account Manager – HSL
December 2017 – May 2018
- Account management of large-scale international shows, events, event agencies & B2B clients
- Line management of all sales staff
- Reporting to board level & owners
- Lead “face” of company on the road
- Identification and development of new business
- Responsible for the formation & implementation of a revitalised sales strategy & business development team
Senior Business Development Manager & Deputy Head of Sales – SLX
August 2016 – November 2017
- Account management of large shows (west end/touring theatre) events, event agencies & B2B clients. Largest clients with c£250k turnover
- Sales target of £1.4m per year (beaten with figure of £1.62m)
- Line management of staff
- Deputising for Head of Sales when needed (acting Head of Sales July 2017 – November 2017)
- Board level & Senior Management Team responsibilities
- Lead “face” of company on the road dealing with the companies largest/prestigious clients
- Continuation of roles from previous job
Business Development Manager – SLX/Stage Electrics
April 2016 – August 2016
- Account management of existing theatrical shows (some touring and west end)
- Development of new business pipelines
- Representation of company at industry events & trade shows
Managing Director – Illuminate Design LTD
September 2005 – February 2016
- Company provide technical services to the Entertainment, Theatre, Events markets. Installation services to Venues, Schools, Museums etc.
- Turnover c£1million
- Formed company in 2005. Growth since 2010 when business focus changed from 1 to 6 employees. Left in 2016 wanting fresh & new challenges
- Key developments. Delivery of website. New Branding. Completion of exclusive UK dealer agreement for various brands
- Management of 4 full time staff up to 20 freelancers at any time
- Responsibility for Financial Reporting, Marketing, Press, PR
- Client account management of accounts up to T/O of £50k. New Business development
- Wrote and delivered Business plans & financial documents for external funding & development programs
- Presentations to local business organisations
Managing Director – Reflective Ice LTD
July 2015 – January 2016
- Company formed to provide Ice Rink, Fairground, Market, Food & Drink in the centre of Colchester in the grounds of Grade 1 Listed Castle.
- Led project from initial conception ideas in January 2013 to delivery in November 2015.
- Liaising, organising & dealing with local council, stakeholders, residents & Historic England with a view to appropriate permissions for event.
- Sourced suppliers to provide equipment, food/drink concession’s.
- Found sponsors & concluded deals.
- Presentations to local businesses, TV, Radio, Council.
- Lead on all marketing, press & communications.
- Project opened in November with pre-sales of 17,000 tickets.
- Overall Management of up to 50 people at any one time.
- Generated sales through leading on Marketing & creative methods of £170,000 of tickets & £35,000 of local advertising
Technical Manager – Cambridge Arts Theatre
July 2004 – July 2005
- Member of Senior Management Team
- Budgetary control
- Management of whole technical department operations
- Line manager to 5 staff & up to 15 freelance staff
- Responsible for day-to-day operations of building systems
- Health & safety manager for building
Chief Electrician – Cambridge Arts Theatre.
April 2003 – July 2004
- Responsible for the lighting and sound for all shows both touring & produced work
- Budgetary Control for department
- Maintenance of plant & building equipment
- Line manager for 2 staff & trainee
Technical Work 1999 – 2016
(as freelance & through Illuminate Design)
Over 120 Lighting/Assistant lighting designs as well as international Production Management for multiple scales of Theatre, Dance, Musicals UK & World-Wide. Highlights include
- 10 shows in London West End
- Major musical at Esplanade Theatre, Singapore
- 1 Show on Broadway
- 4 Tours throughout Europe and Far East. 7 UK National Tours
- Musical/Dance show at Sydney Opera House & other international venues
- Site Specific work for BMW
- Multiple Corporate Events & Shows
Professional Member of the Association of Lighting Designers (#1049)
- MBA Essentials course from the London School of Economics (88% grade)
- The Leys School, Cambridge, Music Exhibitioner & Sixth Form Scholar
- GCSE passes in Technology, Music, Drama, English Language, English Literature, Mathematics, Geography & Sciences (double award)
- A-level passes in Technology, Geography & Business Studies
- Former Member of the National Youth Theatre of Great Britain 1995-1999
Additional educational achievements
Cambridgeshire Young Designer of the Year in 1998. 3rd overall in the in East Anglia Young Designer of the Year Finals having designed & built an infra-red, remote controlled moving light which also formed part of “A” level Technology portfolio.
- Season ticket holder at Cambridge United Football Club
- Keen follower of all levels of motor sports especially F1 and BTCC.
- Full clean driving licence – Institute of Advanced Motoring examination
- Regular swimmer, gym go-er & active dog walker
References can be provided on request